SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER | AUTOMOTIVE | WASHINGTON
About the company
A progressive 1st tier supplier to the Automotive sector, continuous improvement and quality are baked into the DNA of this Japanese business supplying to JLR, Honda and Nissan
The Recruiting Manager at this company said
"We are one of the largest employers in the North East, manufacturing a complex product for prestigious clients. A large percentage of our team hear have been with the business for 10 years or more, I believe that is a testament to our attitude to the development of our team members"
- As a plant based SQA you will handle the day to day issues that arise as a result of quality issues that arise from supplier issues.
- Investigate quality issues to find the source and ensure that the issues aren't repeated
- Undertake supplier audits
- Visit supplier sites to help identify quality issues and work with the supplier to eliminate them.
- Support design changes from a quality perspective.
- Supplier part approval and concern investigation / resolution.
The successful applicant:
- SQA Experience within a 1st tier supplier environment (Automotive)
- A willingness to travel to supplier sites 2 to 3 times per month
- Excellent problem solving skills and tools
- Keen eye for detail
- A proven track record of using quality tools and continuous improvement methodology.
- A solid understanding of TS16949
- Experience of 8D
- This SQA role, would suit a Supplier Quality Engineer from an automotive background.
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.