PROJECT MANAGER | WELDING | AUTOMOTIVE R&D
25 Days holiday
Contributory Pension Scheme
Purpose of the role:
To oversee the development of welded prototypes for the R&D function of a leading automotive manufacturer
About the company
A Multinational company, heavily investing in R&D, this enables them to be extremely competitive on a commercial level, and provide an engaging work environment.
An excellent organisation undergoing massive investment and development. This is a brand new client for us, we are extremely proud to be working with this organisation. This is a project management role in a low volume manufacturing environment, producing 150 – 250 components per month.
Your future manager said
“This is a varied and high pressured role. It is exciting because you get interaction with every department in the business, liaising with design and development teams to help them better understand the design and manufacturing constraints on the product”
- Take ownership of the project deliverables in terms of quality, timing and cost.
- Interface with customers to understand prototype requirements
- Take ownership of process development
- Develop and prove out production solutions
- Source components, including pressing, fixtures and tubing
- Manage a team consisting of welding engineers, assembly engineers and welding supervisor
Candidates must have
- Extensive welding experience with Mig, Tig and Mag. Covering steel and aluminium
- A project management background surrounding welded commodities, this could chassis, BIW, fuselage or sub-frame.
- Experience of moving projects through timing gateways
- Degree qualified
- Strong organisational skills.
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.