PRODUCTION MANAGER | 1ST TIER AUTOMOTIVE | BIRMINGHAM
Purpose of the role:
Direct and drive production activities. Ensuring that production teams achieve KPI's, operating as a business unit manager
About the company
A large, multinational manufacturer, focusing on automotive components based in the Birmingham area
We have recruited for this business multiple times over the last few years. This company offers multiple opportunities for career progression and development. There are lots of opportunities to add value and implement systems to improve efficiency
The Recruiting Manager at our client said this about the role.
"Our organisation has excellent relationships with our core clients, people such as Nissan and Toyota. We win business based on our reputation. We are committed to continuous improvement."
Candidates must have the following experience and qualifications:
- Professional qualifications such as NVQ L4 or equivalent
- Experience of the Toyota Production System (TPS) and lean manufacturing tools.
- 3 years' experience of Production Management in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience of setting KPI's
- Experience of training and developing production staff
- Strong communication skills
- Motivate production staff to achieve KPI's
- Train and develop staff
- Promote Lean manufacturing
- Ensure 5s methods are adhered to.
- Seek opportunities to reduce waste
- Build and develop exceptional production teams
- Lead by example in a high volume busy production environment
- Manage budgets
- Take responsibility for P&L in your business unit
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.