PRODUCT DESIGNER | AUTOMOTIVE | MANCHESTER
- 25 Days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Structured training
Purpose of the role:
Design and develop new product ranges for a leading automotive component manufacturer
About the company
A global 1st tier supplier with 70+ year trading history. Priding themselves on World-Class products and custom, innovative solutions.
- Using Catia, you will prepare concept designs, taking into account customer requirements.
- Liaise with customers to fully understand their design brief, agreeing on functionality and features.
- Provide the prototype and production teams with detailed CAD drawings
- Provide project teams with FMEA and DVP plans
- Administrate CAD lifecycle information with Windchill (EDM)
- Project manage design aspects of projects inline with APQP processes
- Take point for idea generation, concept design, detailed design, prototyping, trials and testing
The successful applicant for the Product Designer post post:
- Degree qualified in Design or Engineering
- Competent Catia V5 experience
- Experience of EDM, preferably Windchill
- Experience of design for manufacture
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.