PROCESS ENGINEER | AUTOMOTIVE | WELD AND ASSEMBLY
- 25 Days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Structured training
- Free Parking
Purpose of the role:
Develop welding and assembly processes
About the company
A global 1st tier supplier to the Automotive sector with manufacturing and development centres across Europe.
- Definition of welding/assembly processes
- Define the manufacturing cell, layout and estimate the investment required as well as the technical availability
- Support quotation process during new business activities
- Analyse the design feasibility from an welding and assembly perspective.
- Provide feasibility reports and develop alternative solutions to solve issues and improve performance
- Develop prototype process requirements, and support prototype builds to enable learning and feedback.
- Support programme meetings and reviews (PFMEA, Manufacturing, Proto-builds, costing, purchase etc.).
- Support industrialization phase, supplier follow-up and equipment set-up
The successful applicant for the Process Engineer post:
- Qualified to degree or equivalent level in Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing related subject.
- Experience on one or more processes like welding, assembly, machining.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility at all programme levels.
- Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business including customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of high volume automotive manufacturing techniques, robotic welding and post fabrication assembly.
- Knowledge and experience of working to automotive OEM program procedures
- Able to travel and be assigned to programme support activities as required.
- Good computer literacy specifically Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. CATIA would be a plus.
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.