OPTICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | AUTOMOTIVE
- 25 Days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Structured training
Purpose of the role:
Design and prototyping of automotive lighting products.
About the company
A niche, 1st tier automotive supplier, part of a Global group. Supplying to major brands such as Mercedes, Bugatti, BMW.
An exciting niche company with a glamorous client roster, this role literally shapes and develops the lighting systems that are installed in the world’s most desirable vehicles.
- Agree on customer technical requirements for detailed design
- Work with design team to generate new concepts
- Develop details 3D geometries
- Determine characteristics of new optical designs, suing optical simulation software
- Lead cross functional teams
- Present design project materials to customer for reviews
- Carry out internal training courses
The successful applicant for the Optical Design Engineer post:
- Degree qualified or educated to HND level
- Experience of Zemax ot LightTools
- Experience of LED lighting product design
- Understanding of SolidWorks
- Experience of lighting design
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.