Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive – Birmingham – £35,000 - £42,000 D.O.E.
Why be a Manufacturing Engineer with this company?
- Global market leading 1st tier automotive supplier
- 160 year engineering pedigree
- High growth business at the forefront of technology and cutting edge processes
- Extremely well managed, structured working environment with a minimum of out of hours calls
- Joining an existing team of eight, whose service ranges from 30 years to 12 months
- Opportunity for future promotion within the business
- Ability to have immediate impact on the day to day success of the business
Is this role right for me?
Essential Skills required:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a relevant role within a 1st tier automotive supplier
- Experience within a JIT environment
- Experience with interior plastics trim
- QS9000 / TS16949
- Six sigma / Lean Manufacturing experience
- Computer literate
Would be great if you had experience of the following, but not essential:
- MS Project
- Auto CAD
What will the role involve?
- Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support to current production lines
- Plan and implement new products and / or changes to the manufacturing processes
- Review processes and procedures
- Provision of support to the Quality Department in the close out of customer concerns through the 8D process
- Participate in continuous improvement and Kaizan events
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of manufacturing / tooling techniques relevant to the industry
- Manage and detail changes to products and equipment as required
- Giving manufacturing feasibility on new products and process along with supporting analysis
- Completion of PFMEA’s, process flows and Standard operating instructions
- Generation of cost pack and quotes to support new business awards and improvements
- Selection of machine and tooling suppliers and assist with the quotation process
- Generation of VSM’s
- Apply lean techniques such as 5s and Six Sigma to current and future processes.
- Generation of layout and processes flows
- Working with Suppliers on Process Improvements
What will I get in return?
In return for a positive attitude, hard work and results, you will receive
- £35,000 - £42,000 D.O.E
- On-going support and training.
- Job security
- Career progression
This role is active and we are recruiting for it right now, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
Get similar jobs by email