MAINTENANCE MANAGER – AUTOMOTIVE – WEST MIDLANDS
£55,000+ DOE + CAR ALLOWANCE & ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
Are you ambitious, results orientated and ready for a role with autonomy?
Are you driven by Lean Manufacturing and providing a World Class Engineering service?
Are you seeking a unique, challenging and rewarding opportunity both immediately and long term coupled with job stability and long term further development and promotional opportunities?
I have recruited for this site for over two years and under the focused leadership of the Plant Manager during that time have seen significant positive sustained change.
From my experience and multiple direct conversations with the Plant Manager, I know this is a very exciting opportunity and time to be joining them.
There a number of unique projects starting next year which along with their success to date and business development plans means there really is an unique opportunity for this site to achieve World Class Engineering Excellence and this role will be fundamental in both the planning and execution of these projects and their long term sustained success!
Main purpose of the role;
Manage the Maintenance department to provide an Engineering service aligned to the Plants manufacturing needs and achievement of its 5 years goals and targets for expansion, growth and status as a Centre of World Class Engineering Excellence and European Flagship for the company.
- Departmental Definition Coordinated, focused approach to definition, creation, implementation & management of all procedures/processes required to serve current & future manufacturing needs
- KPI’s Define, establish, implement, monitor departmental KPI’s
- Team Training, Development and Leadership Implement effective KPI’s, training plans and day to day leadership.
- Team Management Pro-actively & positively manage day to day welfare of team members
- Health and Safety Contribute to strong Safety Aware/Safety First Culture & mindset. Undertake departmental accident/incident investigation
- Departmental Budget & Capital Expenditure Creation & management
- TPM Develop, manage plant TPM system
- Lean Manufacturing Positively contribute/support definition of Lean Manufacturing opportunities & successful management into plant
- 5S Develop, introduce, support & sustain 5S systems/working practices/procedures
- Senior Management Team Collaborate with a can-do/problem resolution mind set
- ECR Manage & successfully implement all ECR activity & change
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- 4+ years’ experience within process engineering disciplines at senior level
- Good understanding of tooling management & in depth knowledge of high volume manufacturing principles
- Competent knowledge of Automotive Customer & Plant base Quality, HS&E requirements – essential
- Competent appreciation of Lean Principles and Methodology
- CI mindset and track record of relevant achievements/improvements
- Experience of managing capital projects from conception to commissioning and completion.
- HNC or Degree or equivalent in Engineering – ideally
Salary and benefits:
- £55,000+ DOE + car allowance + bonus and attractive benefits package
- Substantial future career and promotional opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Early finish Friday
We are shortlisting right now, please apply now to be considered for an interview or for an informal exploratory conversation