MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - MECHANICAL | AUTOMOTIVE | £37,700
2 days On 2 nights on 4 Off
25 Days holiday
Purpose of the role:
Take responsibility for the day to date maintenance on a shift. Ensuring 95% and above uptime
About the company
A global 1st tier supplier to the Automotive sector with manufacturing and development centres across Europe. This engineering centre is based in Birmingham.
Having recruited for this organisation over the last 2 years, we have seen candidates benefit from training, development, career prospects and the opportunity to work on cutting equipment.
The Maintenance Manager said
“We have a great maintenance team here, we all come to work to make the plant function at peak state. We are continuously learning and developing. This is a great environment for a maintenance engineer to carve out a path into team leader / supervisor role”
- Maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in a busy production environment.
- Contribute to developing the maintenance program
- Assist in the training of operators with basic maintenance tasks
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Stand in for supervisor when required
- Maintain on a daily basis both reactive and preventative, equipment such as electrical , hydraulic, pneumatic, robots, material handling and ancillary equipment.
The successful applicant for the Maintenance Engineer post:
- NVQ Level 3 + in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Have a mechanical bias
- Have experience of working in a high volume, modern manufacturing environment
- Experience of maintaining robots
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance of production equipment.
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.