KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER | CASTINGS / STAMPINGS/ MACHINED | SOUTHFIELD
- 10% Bonus
Purpose and Summary of position:
- Establish, enhance and maintain relationships with priority OEM Corporate Accounts as the primary interface.
- Coordinate internal resources (Field Development Engineers, Account Managers, etc.) to capture the full range of opportunities at the customer.
- Determine key vehicle platforms and segments to pursue, and thereafter educate and influence all key stakeholders at the focus account and through the value chain to specify and select solutions.
- Grow the pipeline of opportunities at the focus account, coordinating with the global team to ensure business wins.
- Creates strategic and tactical Corporate Account plans, and helps align actions in accord with the plan.
- Acquires specifications for products at the focus OEM in various applications.
- Helps translation of wins across multiple regions and multiple accounts.
- Provides engineering expertise using personal background or proper engagement of Materials SME, CAE, product specialists, marketing, etc.
Commodity Experience required:
Any of these
- Machined components
Customer experience required:
- Any major automotive OEM
- Develop and champion account growth strategies.
- Coordinate resources to execute account plans.
- Network and Prospect to gain new influencing contacts at the account that result in business wins.
- Assess competitive position at an account and deploy resources accordingly.
- Negotiate complex deals w/ multiple dimensions.
- Possess a strong business acumen and desire to win.
- Educate large groups of customer stakeholders on a broad range of technologies.
- Translate material properties into application benefits e.g. at the component level, the vehicle level, the process level.
- Manage intricate, multi-level business relationships and position yourself to win consistently.
- Prospect deep and wide within large accounts, finding the right responsible stakeholders, developing relationships to a point where sponsorship behavior can take place.
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships across OEM and relevant Tiers.
- Ability to move from the production floor to the board room (flexibility), in a consistently professional manner.
- Desire demonstrable experience with successful selling
Required Years Experience:
7-10 years in key account management in Automotive sector
4-year degree in technical discipline (e.g. polymer science, material science, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, Electrical engineering)