IT SUPPORT ANALYST | BIRMINGHAM | AUTOMOTIVE
Working with a world class automotive 1st tier supplier.
- ONSITE PARKING
- EARLY FRIDAY FINISH
About our client
A leading 1st tier supplier to the Automotive Sector, a multinational company with ambitious growth plans for 2017 and beyond.
The purpose of the role
- Be engaged in formulation and implementation of the Group and Regional IT Technical strategy.
- Responsible for all aspects of IT technical management, technical assets including: LAN, Servers, Domain, Shop Floor Systems, ERP Systems, Power B2O Sequence Systems and escalation process.
- Responsible to lead and communicate within their skill set to their fellow IT Technical professionals within the business to ensure that goals, budgets and policies are understood and meet the business needs.
- Responsible to coach and appraise the present organisation to become lean, agile and competitive.
- Ensure the assets (Hardware & Software) are managed, maintained and utilised to maximise the productivity of the business.
- As a key member of the IT team, you will be expected to play a lead and co-ordinating role in pulling together all key functions, under the continuous improvement banner and bring a new and different level of thinking to the IT function.
The day to day duties
- Communicate tasks and projects to technical IT team.
- Develop, prepare and monitor projects within skill set.
- Maintain the level of technical knowledge within skill set and meet the level of expertise needed within the business.
- Consult on technical processes within the IT Group –
Desktop/Laptop Hardware (Installation/Configuration)
Microsoft Windows Server Technologies
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above.
Microsoft Desktop Environment (Windows/Office)
Power B2O Sequence Systems
ERP Systems Support
Shop Floor Systems Support.
Server Hardware (Installation/Configuration/Administration)
Storage Technologies (RAID/SAN/NAS)
Backup solutions (Veritas BackupExec + LTO3 Tapeloader)
Network support (Switches/Routers)
Wireless technologies (Wifi Access points\Portable Scanners)
Security systems (Door Access Control/Cameras)
- Project management
- Be able and available to cover any operations shift when/if required.
- Adhere to policies and create regional procedures.
- Maintain change control process.
- Prepare and deliver effective handover report at end of shift.
- Facilitate improved understanding of IT methods throughout the business.
- Contacts- interface with (internal / external) all customers and suppliers at all levels when required
Candidates should have the following experience and qualifications
- Qualifications – Candidates will preferably be certified to degree level with a minimum experience of 5 years in recognised IT role.
- Have a certified qualification in their chosen area.
- Excellent technical skills.