DESIGN ENGINEER | CATIA | SOLID MODELLING
- 25 Days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Structured training
- Free Parking
Purpose of the role:
Liaise directly with OEM customers to ensure that they are fully supported, through design and engineering solutions.
About the company
A global 1st tier supplier to the Automotive sector with manufacturing and development centres across Europe.
A great opportunity to work in an exciting area of automotive design and development. This company is investing heavily in UK R&D and production capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work with OEM development teams on government funded R&D programs.
The Design Manager said
“We are simply the best at what we do. We have a great team here, where you are actively encouraged to work on side research projects that may benefit their work, from new manufacturing techniques, to cutting edge materials”
- Liaise with customers to understand their engineering requirements
- Generate concept designs, identifying problems and concerns, then developing engineering solutions.
- Process a components CAD requirements from pre-concept to production
- Produce 3D solid models to support customer requirements
- Ensure capable GDT
- Work closely with design analysis engineers to develop structural solutions
- Support DFMEA VA/VE team reviews
- Liaise with design engineers to ensure design requirements.
The successful applicant for the CAD Designer post:
- An understanding of Pressed Metal and tooling processes
- CATIA v5 experience or similar Automotive CAD system.
- GDT drafting skills
- Engineering design background
- Qualified to HND or above
- Have experience of the automotive sector
We are actively recruiting for this opportunity, please apply now to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to your applications.