CAPACITY PLANNER | AUTOMOTIVE | LLANELLI
Take responsibility for determining the capacity needed by this high performance company in order to meet the changing demand for its products.
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Early Friday finish
I think that is a great opportunity for a graduate or experienced capacity planner to join a leading employer in the Llanelli area.
I have recruited for this organisation previously and have seen:
- Employees mentored and developed
- Numerous new business wins
- Massive investment in people, systems and equipment
The plant manager at this company said
"We are extremely proud of the investment we have made in our facility, it is a testament to the future of the business here in Wales and a great opportunity for our team members"
Purpose of Capacity planner role
Determine the capacity needed within the facility to meet the changing demand for the organisations products.
Day to day responsibilities
- Analyse appropriate information and data in order to prepare schedules, plans and forecasts.
- Create capacity plans which meet business targets and optimise manufacturing efficiency and costs.
- Review systems and methods to continually improve plans so that the organisation can better anticipate customer needs.
- Assess existing capacity and draw up forecasts based on future plans for demand.
- Analyse specifications and capacity and undertake appropriate calculations to estimate job requirements, in terms of labour, tools, materials and resources.
- Continually monitor and review plans and make appropriate adjustments in the event of changes and unforeseen circumstances.
- Review trends, research data and evaluate and prepare results.
- Reconcile variances from original plans and maintain a view of actual against forecast projections.
- Continually review ways in which to make improvements and make the capacity planning and manufacturing process more efficient.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- To be educated to a minimum HND level in an Engineering Discipline.
- Prior experience in a capacity planning role, preferably within the automotive or manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Experience or knowledge of statistics, forecasting and management information methods and techniques.
- Prior experience of building capacity/forecasting models and plans and undertaking complex analysis to create accurate information.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills and the ability to learn new software packages.
This role would suit an accomplished capacity planner, or a graduate with a small amount of capacity planning experience, wanting to forge a career with a large organisation.
We are actively recruiting for this position, If you feel you have the relevant experience then please apply now or contact us to discuss the role further.
We look forward to receiving your application.